This plugin provides simple recorder and player functionalities for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Play and Record sounds or music with various codecs. (See the supported codecs here)
- Play local or remote files specified by their URL.
- The App playback can be controled from the device lock screen or from an Apple watch
- Handle playback stream from native (To sync exact time with bridging). [Not sure to understand what it means!]
We actually maintain two branches for Flutter Sound :
- The V4 branch (the version ^4.0.0)
- The master branch (actually the version ^5.0.0)
We do not expect that everybody will switch today from 4.x.x to 5.x.x.
V4 is our stable branch, and will be maintained as long as everybody will not have switch to V5 : in other words V4 is our LTS version (Long Term Support).
- To migrate to 4.x.x from 3.x.x you must do some minor changes in your configurations files.
- To migrate to 5.x.x from 4.x.x you must do a few changes in your App.
Medium Blog. [This link is probably obsolete!]
- Flutter Sound requires an iOS 9.3 SDK (or later)
- Flutter Sound requires an Android 24 (or later)
Here is a guide for Flutter Sound installation
Flutter Sound is composed with 4 modules :
- FlutterSoundPlayer, wich deal with everything about playbacks
- FlutterSoudRecorder, which deal with everything about recording
- FlutterSoundHelper, which offers some convenients tools
- FlutterSoundUI, which offer some Widget ready to be used out of the box
To use Flutter Sound you just do :
This will export all the necessaries dart interfaces.
Flutter Sound comes with two Demo/Examples :